Manufacturing Process Engineer
What is this role about?
SmartD Technologies is disrupting the century-old industry of electrical motor control with the
introduction of its Silicon Carbide-based variable frequency drive (VFD). The SmartD Clean Power
VFD brings increased efficiency, extended motor lifetime and simplified engineering to this market.
As we increase our market presence and ramp up production we’re looking for a talented individual
to help us to develop and implement our assembly processes.
If you’re passionate about developing robust manufacturing processes;
If you’re interested in implementing quality by design in a manufacturing environment; and
If you want to have an impact on bringing a disruptive product to market.
Then, you should contact us right away. (Or read on to get details of who we’re looking for.)
You should be an expert in:
- Electronics manufacturing process design and optimization;
- Lean manufacturing principles;
- Production flow design and workstation layout;
- New product introduction;
- Process capability measurement, analysis, and improvement;
- Verbal and written communication in English and French;
- And if you are familiar with automated test set development and/or have SQL development skills, so much the better;
And this is what we’d expect of you:
- Develop and optimize final assembly processes for our VFDs;
- Deploy production flow and workstation layout using lean principles;
- Introduce new products into manufacturing after release from engineering;
- Ensure correct implementation of engineering changes within the ECO process;
- Assess capability (Cpk) of manufacturing processes and implement improvements;
- Develop and/or optimize operator work instructions;
- Collaborate in the development and deployment of automated test fixtures;
- Diagnose the root cause of in-process failures and implement corrective action as required;
- Collaborate with the engineering team to implement design changes and optimizations;
Our offices are located in downtown Montreal, near Lucien-Lallier and Bonaventure Station.
This post is also available in: Français