Test Automation Engineer
What is this role about?
SmartD Technologies is disrupting the century-old industry of electrical motor control with the
introduction of its Silicon Carbide-based variable frequency drive (VFD). The SmartD Clean Power
VFD brings increased efficiency, extended motor lifetime and simplified engineering to this market.
As we increase our market presence and ramp up production we’re looking for a talented individual
to help us automate our manufacturing and testing processes.
If you’re passionate about automation;
If you have experience developing functional test fixtures for both PCBAs and final assemblies; and
If you want to have an impact on bringing a disruptive product to market.
Then, you should contact us right away. (Or read on to get details of who we’re looking for.)
You should be an expert in:
- Development of functional test fixtures for PCBAs and final assemblies;
- Co-development experience with external fixture providers;
- Industry-standard automation tools like labview, test stand, etc.;
- Industry-standard, device-level programming interfaces like jtag;
- Electronics manufacturing process design and optimization;
- Process capability measurement, analysis, and improvement;
- Verbal and written communication in English and French;
- And if have experience with power electronics and/or have developed solutions in high-power applications so much the better;
And this is what we’d expect of you:
- Develop programming and functional test fixtures for PCBAs;
- Develop a final test fixture operating at 600V, up to 90kW with appropriate safety interlocks;
- Collaborate with third-party providers to co-develop production test fixtures;
- Integrate test procedures, pass-fail criteria, and test results into standardized information system;
- Deploy test fixtures at a remote supplier site(s);
- Analyze the process capability of each fixture before full deployment;
- Collaborate with the engineering team to implement appropriate hardware and software support;
Our offices are located in downtown Montreal, near Lucien-Lallier and Bonaventure Station.
This post is also available in: Français